BooneOakley’s Innovative Mailing System
BooneOakley has generated a lot of good coverage with its innovative approach to delivering its response to the RFP for the Saucony shoes account. Rather than mailing-in its bid, the company dispatched three staffers to run the document in to Saucony’s office and blog about it (fittingly, the final leg of the run, completing the marathon distance, was in Boston).
Reaction isn’t all positive to their stunt, but I have to say I love it:
- They’ve generated lots of positive coverage that can only help them in the long run
- They’ve generated coverage for Saucony before even getting the account
- They’ve demonstrated their dedication to getting the business
- They’ve shown a creative approach that is likely to attract new business
- They’ve done it all with tongue firmly in cheek.
(Note: I’m also cross-posting this on my running blog – torontorunner.com)