M.Utterz.com Takes You All The Way… Almost
According to the announcement, the mobile site “…really completes the circle of mobile Utterz features: you can now create, view, share and manage your multi-media posts all from your mobile device without any special software on your phone.”
I’m not so sure yet.
- It’s clean
- It’s easy to use
- It lets you check out other peoples’ posts
- It lets you edit, publish and share posts
I’d like to see a few more features to make this a truly excellent site:
- Let us create multimedia posts directly from the site
- Let us add multimedia content to existing posts
- Consolidate features from other access points
- Right now you can access Utterz from your phone in three different ways (call in, email, m.utterz.com). Each has different functionality. I’d like to see this site let you do what the other ways let you do
It could use some extra features, but Utterz’s mobile site is a great tool for Utterz users.
One of my biggest frustrations was the need to go back to my computer to edit or add detail to posts I recorded while “on the go.” It’s often not do-able in the 10 minutes before the post goes live, meaning I either had to edit both the Utterz post and my blog post later, or hold off on posting it (which removes the point of a mobile post).
This site removes that need – I can record audio from my phone, then hop onto m.utterz.com and add a title and description before it gets sent to my blog.