How Will You Grow Today?
Since starting my new position at Thornley Fallis Communications recently, I’ve experienced a new kind of pressure – that of accounting for all the time I spend at work.
I’m adjusting to that new pressure pretty well so far and finding that it keeps me accountable to myself as well as to the company.
As I don’t have a large number of clients right now, though, it often leads me to wonder:
“How have I grown today?”
What have I done to advance myself? To move further ahead, personally and/or professionally? Today is almost over; I won’t get to live it again. Have I spent today wisely, or have I thrown it away?
- Did I land a new client?
- Did I pull out the stops and advance my career?
- Did I help out a colleague or friend when they needed help?
- Did I make a new connection that will improve my life professionally, personally, or both?
- Did I strengthen an existing connection?
- Did I learn something that will help me in the future?
- Did I improve my abilities at something, at work or outside?
I’ve lived my life with this in mind for a long time. That’s probably why I enjoy being busy at work, why I’m dedicated to my running and why a friend once gave me a book, which sits in my office to this day, entitled “You Know You’re A Workaholic When…” I guess I just think about it more now.
What about you? How will you grow today?