Valuable PR Advice From Chris Brogan
Chris Brogan has posted some excellent advice for PR pros working in the digital space entitled “What I Want PR and Marketing Professionals To Know.”
To summarize Chris’ key points:
- Social media is different to the traditional media environment, but you have a lot to gain from exploring this space.
- Get to know people before you pitch them.
- Write well.
- Personalize your approaches.
- “Blogging isn’t the same as releasing marketing materials.”
- Be human, not a corporate machine.
- Learn how to monitor what people are saying online.
- If you mess up, apologize quickly.
As I commented on Chris’ post, I would add an extra point to his list:
- Remember that blogger relations is just one part of online PR and marketing. It’s very easy to forget about other online tactics.
Head on over to ChrisBrogan.com and check out his post. It’s well worth a read.